Local time at Horbat Omrit, Israel

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Day 5: Spikes and Bikes


Well, the day started off ok, but...

We had mostly cleared the area where we are to dig and I was carrying a large tent pole (for a shade tarp) and was maneuvering around some rocks when a tent spike already in place gashed my leg. Whoops. But it was a flesh wound. (Always wanted to say that.)

Not deep but a little wide so off I'm taken to the local clinic. A doctor from Eastern Europe (Do you speak Russian?, Czech?, French?, Hebrew?) and a nurse who translated for us. He was real good and in a flash I had 7 stitches. States?, staates?, oh, stitches!

On the way back we stopped to pick up some benches. The person giving them to us ran a bike shop. While there I was disappointed to learn he didn't rent bikes. 5 minutes later I thought to ask him: "Have you a cheap bike you can sell me?" Well, indeed he did, for $85 I got a good bike to ride around the kibbutz. Though I might wait a few days to try it.

My room (#11) is behind the bike.

1 comment:

  1. Heh--bikes are an invitation to an ER visit, believe me. I should know!

    ReplyDelete